Princess Cone aka a Hennin
Natalie, our friend’s daughter, turned 5 on Tuesday! We are feeling the excitement as we prepare for a special “Princess Themed” photo booth for her party on Saturday, inspired by a special Tea Time with Natalie at Girly Girls, on Scottsdale Rd, we created a Princess Cone.
Side note: LOVED LOVED LOVED Girly Girls! They were polite, helpful, patient, and fun. They told cute stories about a fairy that lives there named Sprinkle, highly recommend Tea Time!
Did you know a Princess Cone is called a Hennin? I know I didn’t, googled that snazzy fact to share with you, my fancy friends.
How we did it
- Taking some fabric purchased for a dollar, LOVE remnant fabric, we cut a triangle out. Eye balling the size is fairly easy.
- We add some ribbons of various sizes and colors to come out of the top.
- After folding the triangle in half and pinning the ribbons and fabric in place, we are ready for a quick sew.
- Sewn inside-out we turn the cone right-side-in and stuff it with Fiberfill.
- Filled with Fiberfill, we hot glue a fabric circle to the bottom to close up the cone.
- Taking another fabric circle we glue that on top to hide the mess.
- Now we decorate it by gluing sparkly white tulle to the bottom, glue a head band, and add a final circle of fabric to HIDE the Mess! Finally, we added some bling because, why not!
Here is the final!
Feeling inspired to make the “I Feel Pretty” stick prop after wearing the headband, going to say, Princess ready!
Unicorn props are out and princess cones are in. Hope you enjoyed Those Photo Booth Girls’ take on a Hennin. Adding a special “I Feel Pretty” sign for sparkle effect. Pink, sparkly, diamond encrusted head band prop to make any princess feel at home.
Side note, came up with, “Make it Pop, Add a Prop” slogan for social media… Thinking we all need more props in our lives!